Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Week 9 Journal

In this week's journl, I would like to use the Wikipedia project as an example of problem solving, and I will use the Poly method.

1. Understanding the problem. (Recognizing what is asked for.)
This project asks us to find a wiki article that in need for improvements.
Firstly, I registered an account as a contributor, then I started to look at the articles pages in the help center.
I end up choosing "Conghua" as my topic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conghua
This articles need improvment on the citation.

2. Devising a plan. (Responding to what is asked for.)
I will start by researching the topic in the english and chinese websites (because the topic is about a city in China) to find  any relevant websites.
Afterward, I will learne how to insert a citation into the article through help center website 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents.

3. Carrying out the plan. (Developing the result of the response.)
I found the following websites are useful:
http://www.gd.gov.cn/
http://www.guangzhoutravelguide.com/about_guangzhou/conghua-district.html
I insered these websites into the article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conghua

4. Looking back. (Checking. What does the result tell me? )
I went back to check if other contributor change my works, and I find out my works are still there which means my changes are reognized and approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment