Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week 5 Journal

Today is the first test of CSC104, I felt nervous and excited. I want to know how well I know about DrRacket so far through this test. The test stated at 6:10 (No tutorial!~) and ends at 7:00. I felt I did pretty well on this first test, I've reviewed about most of the questions before the test such as the binary numbers, the history about computer science, and the basic functions of DrRacket. Overall, I think I should get a remarkable mark.

After the test, we havethe lecture continued, and we learned about algorithms.
The definition for alorithms is the simple sequence of feasible steps to solve a problem deterministic. Professor taught us algorithm through the method of paper folding: 

By folding over the upper surface of paper strip after one fold, it has a downward crease.  Folding the once-folded strip again and it had one upward, and so on. The image below is from our professor's slides.


Moreover, we had also learned the function of listing in DrRacket.
For example:
(map add1 (list 1 2 3 ))
(map sqrt (list 1 4 16 25))
 
the result is      (list 2 3 4 )
                         (list 1 2 4 5)
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment